Sometimes diet and exercise are not enough to give us the slim, sculpted physique we desire. It is possible to follow a clean diet, exercise regularly and be within a healthy weight range, yet still have unwanted fat in certain areas that look disproportionate to the rest of your body. If that excess fat makes you feel self-conscious or embarrassed, liposuction with Dr. Rudy Coscia can help.
Hundreds of thousands of men and women undergo liposuction every year to achieve their body contouring goals. One of the best perks of liposuction is that it is extremely versatile. Quite a few areas of the body respond very well to liposuction.
Here, Dr. Coscia discusses the areas of the body that liposuction can treat.
The Versatility of Liposuction
Liposuction can be used to accomplish the following goals:
- Remove fat from the waist and flanks, often referred to as “love handles”
- Flatten bulges of fat on the upper or lower abdomen
- Minimize dimpling on the buttocks
- Reduce excess fat from the hips
- Treat outer thigh “saddlebags” or fat on the inner thighs
- Remove excess fat from the upper back (i.e., around the bra strap area) or the lower back
- Reduce fat on the upper arms
- Remove fat from the neck for a leaner neck contour
- Remove excess fat underneath the chin to treat a double chin
- Flatten and firm oversized male breasts (i.e., gynecomastia)
Among women, the most commonly treated areas include the hips, waist, thighs, buttocks and upper arms. Many women are looking for attractive curves, as an “hourglass” figure is highly desirable. Among men, the most commonly treated areas include the abdomen, flanks, chin and chest. Most men are looking for a sculpted, shredded, muscular look.
What Happens During a Liposuction Procedure?
Prior to liposuction with Dr. Coscia, he will review all of your available treatment options. Together, you will develop a plan of action based on your concerns and goals.
On the day of your surgery, the area or areas to be treated are carefully marked. Anesthesia is administered so you do not feel anything during the procedure. Dr. Coscia creates miniscule incisions in the skin of the target area and inserts a slender, hollow tube called a cannula through the incisions. He moves the cannula back and forth to loosen the fat from the surrounding tissue; then, he removes the fat with suction through the cannula.
Learn More About Liposuction
If you are interested in using liposuction to achieve your aesthetic goals, Dr. Coscia invites you to schedule an informative consultation at our practice. Call or email us today to request an appointment.