If you’re interested in a breast lift procedure, you might be curious as to how long it might take you to recover from the surgery. After all, you have a busy schedule – and if you’re going to need to take a significant amount of time off, you need to know as soon as possible.
If you have images of weeks spent resting on the couch floating through your head, don’t worry; the breast lift recovery process doesn’t actually take that long. Take a look at how long it usually takes to recover from a breast lift, including major recovery milestones you can expect along the way:
- The first two weeks after your breast lift operation is when you’ll need to completely dedicate yourself to recovery. You’ll be feeling some discomfort, swelling, and bruising, which is all a normal part of the breast lift recovery process. You won’t be suffering without help; your plastic surgeon will prescribe pain medication for the first few days after surgery, as well as provide you with advice on how to manage swelling (hint: lots of ice packs).
- During this time, you should also expect to wear a surgical bra, which will help reduce swelling while maintaining the shape of your new breasts.
- By the third week, you should be able to return back to work (if you have a labor-intensive job, your plastic surgeon might advise you to wait a little longer).
- By the fourth week, most – if not all – of your swelling should have subsided, and you’ll see a significant reduction in your bruising. This time period is when you’ll notice the new shape of your breasts, although results won’t be final for another couple of months.
- Your plastic surgeon may give you the green light to exercise at the 4 to 6-week mark of your recovery period.
Want to know more about the breast lift recovery process? Schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Rudy Coscia at his new plastic surgery practice in Granite Bay, CA. Dr. Coscia’s practice also serves the greater Roseville and Sacramento metro areas. Granite Bay (916) 773-5559 and Sacramento (916) 929-1833