Have you heard about CoolSculpting yet? It’s the latest body contouring treatment designed to help you shape those troublesome areas that have always been difficult to correct on your own. CoolSculpting is safe, effective, and best of all, cleared by the FDA for treatment of stubborn pockets of fat around the waist, thighs, and even arms.
If you’re interested in undergoing a CoolSculpting procedure, here are a few things you should know about this popular treatment:
- You should already be committed to a healthy lifestyle before undergoing CoolSculpting. It’s not meant to be a weight-loss tool; rather, it should be used to help you surmount a plateau you may have been experiencing.
- Avoid taking vitamin supplements and blood thinners before your treatment. CoolSculpting uses vacuuming to deliver the cold energy, which may cause bruising. Patients can minimize bruising by avoiding the above for at least 72 hours before treatment.
- Avoid getting a sunburn before the procedure, as you could experience greater discomfort if you undergo treatment with sensitive or burned skin.
- Eat before your procedure to prevent feeling dizzy.
- Consider bringing a book or tablet along with you for the treatment. Since CoolSculpting takes about an hour to administer, many patients decide to read or go to sleep during the procedure. It’s a great way to reduce bulging on your body and catch up on some sleep!
CoolSculpting is an excellent treatment for patients who are interested in contouring trouble spots on their bodies. Most patients will see optimal results three to six months after their series of treatments. To learn more about the CoolSculpting procedure, schedule a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Rudy Coscia at one of his two practices in Sacramento and Roseville, California.
Dr. Coscia can walk you through the CoolSculpting procedure, as well as help you understand what to expect immediately after your surgery. Call our Sacramento 916-929-1833 & Roseville 916-773-5559 office locations today to learn more about the CoolSculpting procedure.