It’s understandable that you’ll have a lot of questions before undergoing your facelift procedure. That’s OK – in fact, most plastic surgeons prefer you to come into your facelift consultation with all of your questions!
A facelift procedure is a major surgery, but has significant payoffs. A facelift surgery can help address plenty of common aging concerns, including sagging skin, wrinkles, drooping brows and eyelids, and even jowls. That’s why you need to ask your plastic surgeon the following questions if you want to have the best experience from your facelift surgery:
- What board are you certified by? (Remember, if the plastic surgeon isn’t board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, you should take your business elsewhere!)
- Where were you trained? Where did you go to medical school?
- How many facelift procedures have you performed? Do you have a portfolio of before-and-after photos of these patients?
- What makes me a good candidate for a facelift? If I’m not a candidate, what other procedures would you recommend for me?
- Do you have admitting privileges at any area hospitals? If so, which ones? (You should always choose a plastic surgeon with admitting privileges!)
- Does the facelift surgery fee cover the costs of lab tests and medications resulting from recovery? What about the cost of anesthesia?
- Do you work with a board certified anesthesiologist?
- Will I be able to get in touch with you if I have any questions or concerns about my recovery?
- What kind of pain and swelling should I expect during my recovery?
- What steps will you take to ensure I get the results I’m looking for?
Ready to find the best facelift plastic surgeon in the Sacramento area? Schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Rudy Coscia at one of his two practices in Sacramento and Roseville, California. Dr. Coscia can walk you through the facelift procedure, as well as help you understand what to expect immediately after your surgery. Call Sacramento 916-929-1833 & Roseville 916-773-5559